The GTI partners with faculty in various academic departments to offer short, intensive 3 or 4-week study programs during the summer. The program also includes opportunities for weekend cultural and travel excursions as well as visits to nearby college campuses.
Think and Do
We combine the theoretical and the practical to create the leaders and innovators of tomorrow. NC State has 12 colleges that represent all major academic disciplines, and the GTI draws upon those resources to develop unforgettable academic and cultural immersion experiences for students from all over the world. Our summer academic programs typically include:
- Courses taught by NC State faculty
- U.S. American culture courses and workshops
- Tours of Washington, D.C. or other nearby major cities
- Site visits with local companies
- Cultural excursions and campus tours of nearby universities
Students will receive a completion certificate for two classes, one from the academic department and one from GTI. It is up to the home universities to determine if the classes can be accepted as credits towards their degrees.
- Mathematics (read the student FAQ)
The closest airport to NC State University is Raleigh-Durham International Airport (RDU).