Welcome to NC State
NC State University is based in Raleigh, North Carolina, about halfway down the East Coast of the United States. Since 1887, we’ve strived to offer world-class teaching and research. Today, we’re ranked in the top 1% of universities on the planet.
NC State hosts SKEMA Business School’s U.S. campus on our Centennial Campus. SKEMA is one of the top business schools in France with additional satellite campuses in Brazil, China and South Africa. The Raleigh campus has grown to more than 500 students a year, making it the largest concentration of French students in the U.S. The GTI helps orient, connect, and integrate the SKEMA students into the NC State and surrounding community. SKEMA students also participate in various cultural, community service, and academic activities as part of the Cultural Exchange Network (CENet).
The GTI helps SKEMA students transition to life in the United States and provide opportunities to get engaged at NC State. Students receive the following information in a welcome email after their application is processed and approved:
- Campus ID: the nine-digit numeral shown on the Wolfpack One Card (ex. 200123456)
- Wolfpack One ID Card: used to access a variety of services on campus. Always carry it with you! You can get your ID card at the Wolfpack One office in the Talley Student Union (Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) You MUST bring your passport. There is a $20 fee for replacement cards.
- Unity ID: six characters long, comprised of initials from your name and may also contain numbers (ex. jsmith3).
- Default Password: last 4 digits of Campus ID + birth month and day (ex. July 4 = 0704). Once you receive your default information, you are ONLY able to set up your security questions and change your password.
- Forgotten Passwords: If you forget your password, you can reset it to the default if you have already set up your security questions. Otherwise, you’ll need to contact the Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SKEMA students who are selected by their school to attend the Raleigh campus must complete an application to receive access to NC State services and facilities.
- Apply through the Global Engagement Application Center with the Global Training SKEMA application.
- You will need to “Create an account” with your email address and set up a password to access the application system and start the process.
- NOTE: The account you create will ONLY work for with application system. It is NOT the same as your Unity ID and password, which will be issued to you once your application has been processed.
- This application will ask for personal data and the Global Training Initiative has taken additional steps to ensure the data collection complies with new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) standards. If you are or will be a resident of an EU Member State, please review the following data privacy notice.
- Complete the Campus Safety and Security questions
- Verify your compliance with Campus Community Standards by digitally signing and submitting your application.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been submitted.
- Your application will be processed in 3-4 business days.
- Once the application has been approved and processed, NC State will email your Unity ID, Campus ID number, and initial default password information.
- Unity ID: 8 or fewer characters, so John Smith may be email@example.com
- Campus ID: 9 numerals (no letters), ex. 200123456
- Default Password: last 4 digits of Campus ID + birth month and day (July 4 = 0704)
- If you initial default password does not appear to work, try to switch the birth month and day.
- First, students are required to set up three security questions at https://www.ncsu.edu/uia
- Second, when you’ve completed the security questions, visit https://www.ncsu.edu/password to change your password.
- Once your password has been changed, please allow up to an hour for your password to be updated over all of our systems (typically Unity services such as MyPack Portal take less than 5 minutes, and Google services take less than 15 minutes).
- Log into MyPack Portal with your Unity ID and initial default password to access your personal information and apply for campus housing.
- If you’ve forgotten your password after changing it or are having other issues, contact the Help Desk via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or other methods.
- Once you have been processed by the system, you may receive a notification about charges to your student account.
- If you have applied for NC State housing, you are responsible for paying those housing costs.
- You MUST cancel you campus housing reservation and pay the appropriate cancellation fees if you no longer intend to live on campus.
- NC State student fees are paid by SKEMA Raleigh. You will receive a notification that a charge was posted to your student account.