DCC Certificate Components
The DCC co-curricular certificate program includes three workshops designed to provide a theoretical framework for understanding culture, cultural dimensions, and cultural competency. The program also introduces cultural skills that are immediately applicable to experiences on and off campus. In order to earn the certificate, students should complete all five components: three 2-hour workshops led by GTI staff, a cultural reflection and a cultural assessment.
*Special thanks to the Agriculture Education program for embedding the DCC workshops into their Spring 2020 Course: AEE 356 Teaching Diverse Learners in Agriculture Education as well as making 14 seats available to students outside of their degree program to learn alongside one another!
DCC2 – Developing Cultural Knowledge
DCC3 – Honing Cultural Skills
DCC-all – Parts 1, 2, and 3 in one full-day workshop
Friday, April 17 | 10:30 AM – 5:00 PM– Postponed to Fall 2020. Stay tuned.
- Global Village Living and Learning Community – returning resident community
- E480 – Namibia: Wildlife Aerial Observatory
- Caldwell Fellows – Service NC and Service Mexico programs
- GTI – Global Leadership Program
- SKEMA Business School
- Global Ambassador Program
- Agricultural Education Program – AEE 326
- Department of Social Work
- Global Educators
- Engineers Without Borders – Sierra Leone team
- Chancellor’s Leadership Development Program – London team