3+X Accelerated Master’s Degrees
The 3+X Accelerated Masters Program is a cooperative program between certain schools in China with NC State University. Select students from these universities enroll in graduate-level NC State courses during the fall semester which also count towards the completion of their undergraduate degree.
- Estimated cost of attendance for an academic year
- Visa and SEVIS fees charged by the U.S. government
- Graduate School application fee
- GTI Administration Fee: $500 paid during the semester at NC State (billed with tuition)
- Apply online through the Graduate School.
- Submit all supporting documents as soon as possible.
- School Transcripts: submit your most recent official school transcript(s) in English or with English translations. Note: You must bring an official transcript with you to submit to the Grad School when you come to campus in August.
- Faculty Recommendations: submit at least 3 from the faculty at your home university.
- Personal Statement
- Test Scores: Many departments require the TOEFL or IELTS score at the time of application. See the Graduate School’s website for more details. The Educational Testing Service (ETS) can send the official score to NC State. Our institutional code number is 5496.
- Proof of English ability: Below are a list of the minimum required test scores. You only need to submit ONE test.
- TOEFL – iBT: 75 total points
- Previous Computer Version (CBT): 200
- Previous Paper Version (PBT): 525
- CET 6: 480
- TSE: 50
- TOEIC: 680
- IELTS: 6
- Michigan/MELAB: 70
- EIKEN: 1
- Proof of Financial Support: participants must show they have enough money to cover the costs of tuition, books, and living expenses. See the estimated cost of attendance for an academic year. You must also add another $1500 a semester for the cost of student health insurance.
Submit a bank statement in English that:
- is an official statement from the bank (on bank letterhead, stamped by the bank, or a print out of an online statement)
- states the amount of money currently in the bank account
- clearly states the name of the account holder
- Letter of Support: students also need a letter of support if the bank statement is not in the applicant’s name or if the student’s expenses are covered by a company, institution, or other sponsors.
- The person whose name is on the bank statement should submit a scanned and signed letter stating the money in the bank account will be used to support the applicant while at NC State.
- See example of a support letter with bank statement.
- Health Insurance: state law requires students to have health insurance while studying at NC State. Program participants should enroll in the university’s Student Health Insurance Plan. The cost of health insurance can be found on the Student Health Center’s website.
- Bio Page in Passport: a copy of the biographical page of your passport is required (see example). The information should match your application.
- February 1: Deadline to submit complete online Graduate School application and pay necessary fees with an intended term of entry for the spring semester of next year.
- March-April: Preliminary admissions decisions are due from graduate programs.
- Late April: I-20s are issued to students.
- July 1: Deadline to take the TOEFL or IELTS exam; if not already taken at the time of application, with an acceptable score. Students should also take the GRE (if required by the department).
NC State Global Training Initiative (GTI)
David McNeill, email@example.com
NC State Graduate School
Hayley Hardenbrook, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Chen Feng, email@example.com
Dr. Xu Changhai, firstname.lastname@example.org
DHU Fashion Institute
Chen “Albert” Mengmeng, email@example.com
Donghua University (Textiles)
Jing “Jessie” Huang, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ming-Jong Yao, email@example.com
Zhejiang Sci-Tech University
Junjun Chen, firstname.lastname@example.org
South China Normal University
Zhibin He (何智斌), email@example.com
Nanjing Normal University
Dr. Wenjun Cai (蔡文君), firstname.lastname@example.org
Central South University
Ms. Jiajia Gong, email@example.com
- Students receive a visa certificate (I-20) and instructions for applying for an F-1 visa once their applications have been accepted. Visit the Office of International Services’ website for more details.
- Read through our pre-arrival checklist.
- Arrive at NC State for orientation, typically a week before classes start.
|October||Begin preparing financial documents to submit to OIS for I-20 extension from GTI to the Master’s program for the Spring semester. These financial documents must be submitted no later than December 1.|
|September 1||Deadline to submit final transcripts with the official confirmation of bachelor’s degree, if you are graduating in December. If you do not plan to graduate until May, you should still submit your degree confirmation at this time or no later than February 1 of next year.|
|November 15||Deadline to submit new TOEFL/IELTS and/or GRE exam scores AND official/original transcripts, if you uploaded your transcript(s) at the time of application.|
|December 1||Deadline to submit new financial documents for I-20 extension to the Master’s program.|
|December 10||Deadline to receive confirmation from your home University that you have met the requirements to complete and receive your bachelor’s degree.|