Develop a new superpower – the ability to read minds across cultural boundaries.
Why Virtual Reality?
Virtual reality provides unique opportunities for training related to leadership and management in a safe and engaging environment. “First Impressions” aims to develop conflict resolution skills for participants. This 360 VR video can be used as part of a course aimed at developing global management and leadership skills.
The award-winning “First Impressions” module allows participants to dive into the minds of your global partners and engage in learning about culture on both a cognitive and emotional level.
The 10-minute module includes 2 scenes:
- Tensions begin to develop as new international team members meet for the first time in China.
- Participants select a character and experience the rest of the meeting from his point-of-view — hearing his thoughts and reactions to the discussions.
First Impressions took home a bronze medal in the 2018 International Serious Play Awards, which recognize excellence in games designed for use in K-12 or higher education settings.
2018 Campus Technology Impact Award
Using VR to help students understand cultural differences
By the end of this activity participants will be able to:
- Identify how culture impacts our perception of conflict by reviewing and understanding a model of cultural dimensions.
- Discuss how culture shapes our reaction to conflict by observing a scenario in VR.
- Discuss how culture shapes our approach to conflict management by experiencing the cognitive processes of a character in the VR scenario.