Meet the Team: Megan Williams

Tell us about yourself.

Originally from Cary, I grew up going to NC State football and basketball games with my dad, an alum and die-hard Wolfpack fan. I studied education and psychology at Meredith College. After teaching 5th grade in Wake County for a year, I decided to try teaching overseas. What was supposed to be a yearlong stint teaching English in Shanghai turned into a 12-year career that took me to international schools in Beijing and Lima, Peru. This was an exciting time both professionally and personally. In 2019, I earned my Master of Education with a focus on Curriculum & Instruction from the University of Florida. I was also fortunate enough to explore different parts of Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Now, I’m excited to be back in Raleigh with my husband, daughter, and dog all in tow. It’s good to be home again!

Tell us what you were doing before you came to NC State/GTI.

Before joining GTI, I was teaching at the American School in Lima, Peru.

Tell us what you do in a few sentences.

I joined GTI as a program coordinator. Right now, I am learning all the different programs that GTI offers and supporting where I can. My primary responsibility will be teaching an American Culture course to the KGSP students from Saudi Arabia to help prepare them for their undergraduate studies here in the United States. I will also be supporting our Latin America programs.

What do you like to do outside of work?

I enjoy traveling, playing tennis, strength training, baking, and listening to audiobooks and podcasts while walking the dog.

What’s something about you (a fun fact) that not many people know?

I’m currently working towards becoming a certified birth and postpartum doula.

What’s the next place on your travel bucket list?

Iceland