Meet the Team: Madison Sinclair

Tell us about yourself.

My name is Madison Sinclair, and I work as a programs assistant at the Global Training Initiative. I am a recent graduate from NC State. I studied nutrition but always had a passion for exploring different cultures.

Tell us what you were doing before you came to NC State/GTI.

Before I worked at the GTI, I was a student at NC State. I had dreams of traveling after graduation, but I did not come from a family that traveled frequently. I had never been out of North America. I got an interesting email about the Developing Cultural Competence Certificate program (one of the GTI’s student programs) and from there I was hooked!

Tell us what you do in a few sentences.

I work as a programs assistant at the Global Training Initiative. As a program assistant, my main responsibility is to support incoming programs. My favorite part of this job is the fact that I touch almost every program that comes through the GTI.

What do you like to do outside of work?

Outside of work, I love to be outdoors. My favorite activity is to watch the sunset. I spend my free time traveling when I can and taking pictures of the sunsets I see while exploring different parts of the world (the best one so far has been San Diego). Outside of traveling, I like crocheting, going to concerts, and trying out different restaurants around the Triangle.

What’s something about you (a fun fact) that not many people know?

My favorite fun fact is that my whole family works in education, but some others are that I am left handed, and that I can do a pretty good cartwheel!

What’s the next place on your travel bucket list?

South America, hopefully Brazil or Colombia.