Home for the Spring Holiday

Thanks to all our American host families and international student guests who chose to use the Easter holiday weekend as a chance for cultural exchange! GTI set up homestays with North Carolina families for 25 visiting international students. In an attempt to keep the experience as genuine and comfortable as possible, both hosts and students could decide the duration of the homestay–anywhere from a 3-day weekend together or just a Sunday brunch.

“The family was really lovely and interesting, and I think that I really discovered the way of life of an American family; they were really friendly and make everything for us…” – SKEMA student

“I would definitely remember this experience as one of the most concrete and relevant during this semester in Raleigh.” – SKEMA student

12439450_10208942696274752_6194289181283296549_n
“My host was interested in learning more about my country, wanted to eat the food we eat in the Brazilian Easter and showed me some American Easter traditions…she made me feel very comfortable in spending the weekend in her house. It was her first time hosting a foreigh student and I can tell that she enjoyed it! I hope more families want to host in the future, because this is an amazing opportunity for us, students. And the families I’ve known are my friends now!” – Luiza, Brazil